1. Find a quiet spot without distractions. Sit where you'll be comfortable, with paper and pen (or pencil).
2. Clear your mind.
3. Touch pen or pencil to the paper.
4. Do not consciously write anything.
5. Keep your mind as clear as possible, let your hand write whatever comes.
6. Avoid looking at the paper or keep your eyes closed.
7. Give it time.(it may take awhile).
8. If and when automatic writing does occur, it may appear to be nonsense or just scribbling, but decipher it as best as
9. Look for letters, numbers, pictures and symbols.
10.Keep trying. Your first attempts may not be successful.
11.When you start to achieve success, you ask questions and see if you receive responses.